Universal's Volcano Bay Water Park
Water is Life. Life is Joy.
That's the carefree attitude the fabled Waturi islanders have embraced on their Pacific isle for centuries. Now you can live the Waturi way at Universal's Volcano Bay™, an all-new park where thrills and relaxation flow in perfect harmony. With the power of the TapuTapu™ wearable there's no standing in long lines, wrestling with tubes, or waiting for the fun to begin. It's a tropical paradise just steps away from everything Universal Orlando Resort™ has to offer.
Four Immersive Areas Filled With Thrills and Relaxation
At the heart of the island stands Krakatau™, the mighty Fire and Water Volcano. Towering 200 feet above the tropical landscape, Krakatau streams waterfalls during the day and fiery lava effects at night. Inside the cavernous volcano the Waturi people dare you to brave a variety of heart-pounding water slides.
- Krakatau™ Aqua Coaster - Honorary Waturi can experience the power of Krakatau™ on this amazing ride. Four-person canoes slide upward through the mists and into the dark twists and turns within the volcano before emerging with a plunge through a shimmering waterfall.
- Ko'okiri Body Plunge™ - Join in the centuries-old tradition of honoring the volcano god, Vol, by braving the incredible Ko'okiri Body Plunge. Featuring a 70-degree fall through a drop door and 125 feet of screaming, white-knuckle fun, this dizzying descent ends with a watery tribute from Vol himself.
- Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine Body Slides™ - Join Kala and Tai Nui where sea and sky meet and take a leap of faith from high atop the volcano. Twin trap doors simultaneously drop two guests down clear, intertwining tubes before sending them joyfully splashing into the turquoise waters below.
- Punga Racers™ - A favorite among Waturi children of all ages, Punga Racers send single riders on their manta ray mats sliding down four lanes through underwater sea caves.
This peaceful escape overlooks the sparkling waters of Waturi Beach at the base of the volcano.
- Waturi Beach - Locals know - the surf's always up at Waturi Beach. Swim, splash and relax right along with them in the sparkling waters and warm waves of this sparkling lagoon at the foot of mighty Krakatau™.
The scenic River Village has fun for people of all ages, including the very youngest Waturi.
- Honu ika Moana - Just like the ancient Waturi people who rode the ocean waves on friendly sea turtles and whales, guests can enjoy these two twisting, turning, multi-person slides. Honu sweeps up two massive walls, while ika Moana sprays water on riders from the center of the raft.
- Tot Tiki Reef™ & Runamukka Reef™ - The little ones can frolic among the splashy slides and fountains of the Tot Tiki Reef toddler play area, while Runamukka Reef delights older children with its bubbling geysers, water guns, slides and dump cups.
- Kopiko Wai Winding River™ - Take a slow ride on the Kopiko Wai Winding River. Sprays of water surprise along the way, and beneath the lava rocks, Stargazer's Cavern reveals the magical night sky above.
Rainforest Village stretches along the shores of an action-packed river and features the perfect mix of relaxation and exhilaration.
- Ohyah & Ohno Drop Slides™ - Test your mettle and get into the Waturi spirit. Ascend cliff side and plummet down the twisting waters of Ohyah before dropping out four feet above the pool below. To achieve even greater bragging rights, brave the rope bridge and plunge down Ohno, a serpentine adventure that ends six feet above the pool below. Be sure to yell your battle cry on the way down.
- Maku Puihi Round Raft Rides™ - Ready for the high adventure of the Maku Puihi lava tubes? This six-person rafting adventure is a favorite of Waturi families, but it's not for the faint of heart. Choose one of two paths or try them both-just be ready for a thrilling ride. Puihi careens through a dark, winding tunnel before the stomach-flipping thrill of zero gravity hang time. Maku slides you through a deep volcanic gorge before spinning wildly around bowl-like formations.
- TeAwa The Fearless River™ - Up for an adventure? Take a thrilling whitewater ride along TeAwa The Fearless River. Race along a roaring, watery onslaught of churning rapids and choppy waves hanging tight to your inner tube.
- Taniwha Tubes™ - There's a place where the puka trees grow abnormally tall. Inspired by their twisting roots, the Waturi built four twisting water slides called the Taniwha Tubes. Riders can try all four twisting tracks, but beware - mischievous tiki statues spray jets of water when you least expect it.
TapuTapu™ Puts The Wonders of Volcano Bay™ Right At Your Wrist.
At Volcano Bay™ every guest is granted the powers of the TapuTapu™, a waterproof wearable specifically designed for the park. With just a touch of your wrist you'll be able to hold your place in a Virtual Line™ at the rides and discover wondrous surprises.
Enter Universal's Volcano Bay™ where you'll be welcomed as a part of the Waturi family.
Receive Your TapuTapu
Pick up your TapuTapu wearable as you enter the park. It's yours for the day.
Look for the Symbol
Look for this symbol throughout the park and use your TapuTapu to get a return time, play and more.
Hold Your Place in the Virtual Line™
Touch your TapuTapu on the symbol at a ride entry totem. That checks you in to the Virtual Line™ and gives you a return time.
Relax and Play until your TapuTapu Alerts You
Your TapuTapu will tell you when it's time to head back to the ride.
Touch to Ride
Touch the symbol on the totem again and proceed through the ride entrance.
Discover Interactive Surprises
You can also use the TapuTapu where you see the symbol to play with interactive surprises around the park.
Return Your TapuTapu
Don't forget to return your TapuTapu wearable when you exit Volcano Bay.